- Conducted a Study on the Adjudication and Enforcement of Judicial Decisions in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, with the objective of identifying the most important issues that impede or affect the issuance and enforcement of judgments and the decisions of quasi-judicial committees. The Study was commissioned by SAGIA and submitted to the concerned authorities, which considered most of its recommendations.
- Preparation of a Guidebook on Litigation Procedures in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in behalf of SAGIA. The purpose of the guidebook was to identify all the laws and procedures relevant to litigation in the Kingdom, so that the reader could gain clear overview of the judicial system, as well as litigation procedures and pleading rules before the judicial authorities.
- Conducted a number of other legal studies relating to the Saudi laws and regulations for the Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority, in relation to Government Tenders & Procurement Law, the Saudi Foreign Investment Law & its Implementing Regulations.
- Conducted a number of studies and drafted proposed laws for a number of Government agencies including the (then) Ministry of Water & Electricity, the Saudi Grains Organisation and the National Water Company.
- Conducted a comparative legal study of laws and regulation relating to anti-bribery in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the United Kingdom. The study was presented to Berkely Group.
- Prepared a legal study on the legal and regulatory requirements, which should be met by the public joint stock companies in order to comply with the provisions of the news Saudi Company Act (2015G-1437H). The study was presented to Shuaibah Water & Electricity Co. (SWEC), a closed joint –stock company, and Shuaibah Expansion Project Company (SEPCO).
- Prepared legal reports for the Saudi Arabian Airlines (Saudia) regarding Saudia’s dealing with the EU Directive on Emissions Trading System.
Second: In relation to Legal Consultancy Services:
- Prima acted as the Legal Advisor of the Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority (SAGIA) for the provision of all legal consultations, preparation of memorandums and briefs related to lawsuits filed by or against SAGIA.
- Prima Law is acting as the Legal Advisor of the National Water Company (NWC) for the provision of all legal consultations, litigations and preparation of memorandums and briefs related to lawsuits filed by or against NWC.
- Legal Advisors for the Saudi Grains Organisation (SAGO) for preparing Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) Contracts of three flour mills with a value amounting to SR. 600 Million.
- Legal Advisor for the Saudi Arabian Airlines (Saudia) in relation to inducting around 70 new Boeing and Airbus into its fleet.
- Legal Advisor for a Saudi-Malaysian consortium on its bid for Al-Shuqaiq-2 Independent Power and Water Project.
- Legal Advisors for the merger and restructuring of a Saudi finance company in collaboration with one of the major banks in Saudi Arabia for a value of SR 6.5 billion.
- Strategic and Shariah Consultants for Bani Annajjar Lands Auction in Al-Madinah Al-Munawarah valued at SR. 2.5 billion.
- Legal advisors for the Business Transfer Agreement (BTA) of the US-based international communications company Avaya EMEA Ltd in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Preparation of a legal advice on the legal position relating to the obligations of Foreign banks, issuing counter –guarantees, towards local banks issuing original guarantees. The advice was instructed by and presented to the Export-Import bank of China.
- Preparation of a legal advice on the most suitable form of a proposed limited liability company which an international – local consortium intended to establish in Saudi Arabia for the construction and delivery of a major project in Saudi Arabia. The advice was presented to the Consortium of Makkah Metro Project, which comprises Groupo Isolux Corsan, Kolin Insaat Turizm Sanayive Ticaret A.S and Haif Company.
- Preparation of a legal expert opinion based on the provisions of the Saudi Labour Law in relation to the regulatory rights and obligations of the public joint-stock companies towards their employees in regard to overtime hours and duties, and possible secondment of employees to other affiliates or Shuaibah Water & Electricity Company (SWEC) and Shuaibah Extension Project Company (SEPCO).
- Preparation of a legal consultation on the legal and regulatory procedures and requirements for the enforcement of foreign court judgments against local Saudi parties. The consultation illustrated the legal and regulatory alternatives, which can be adopted by the foreign parties against the Saudi counterparts breaching their contractual obligations. The consultation was requested by and presented to Malaysian Airport holding Berhad Co.
- Preparation of a Due Diligence Report on the documentations of a real estate investment Fund established by a US Company. The Report was prepared from a legal and investment perspective in regard to the Middle East region, and from a marketing perspective for marketing the Fund’s equity in Saudi Arabia. The Report was requested by and presented to Northstar Fund, JB (Ltd).
- Legal Consultancy Services for the US–based For Ever Living Products Co. on trademark and IP issues in Saudi Arabia.
- Legal consultancy services for the Shinsei Bank of Japan, in connection with the proposed Financings for the Third Expansion Project of Eastern Petrochemical Company “SHARQ”.
- Legal consultancy services for M/S Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company Limited, Tokyo, Japan (MSI) in connection with MSI’s Projected Business in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Legal consultancy services for the Export-Import Bank of the United States (“Ex-Im Bank”) in connection with a proposed Shariah compliant financing transaction.
Third: Privatization Experience:
- Prima Law & Consultants Office acted as the Legal Advisor for numerous restructuring and privatization projects in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for which Due Diligence reports and other related reports were needed, as well as the preparation of various types of reports such as regulatory environment reports, approvals reports, legal risks reports, contract and agreement reports and restructure planning reports.
- Moreover, Prima participated in the establishment of the companies required for the implementation of privatization options, including drafting the constitutional documents of such companies in accordance with Client’s instructions, handling incorporation procedures and follow-up with the competent Saudi agencies.
These projects include:
- Privatization of the Saline Water Conversion Corporation (SWCC); the largest Privatization scheme of its kind in the world, with a value of over SR100 billion
- Privatization of the Saudi Grains Organisation – SAGO (Stages 1, 2 and 3)
- Privatization of Water and Wastewater Sector under the supervision of the Ministry of Water & Electricity in Jeddah City
- Privatization of Water and Wastewater Sector for the National Water Company (NWC) in Makkah City
- Privatization of Water and Wastewater Sector for the National Water Company (NWC) in Taif City
- Privatization of Water and Wastewater Sector for the National Water Company (NWC) in Madinah City
- Privatization of Water and Wastewater Sector for the National Water Company (NWC) in the cities of Dammam and Al-Khobar
- Preparation of Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) Contracts of 3 Flour Mills with a value amounting to SR. 600 million
- Drafting Contracts/agreements for the Saudi Industrial Property Authority for several projects regarding developing the industrial estates with the participation of the private sector in various regions in the Kingdom, by BOT and TOR which included:
- Development of Sidir Industrial City by the private sector on BOT arrangement
- Development of Riyadh 1 and Riyadh 2 Industrial City by the private sector on Rehabilitation-Operate-Transfer (ROT) arrangement
- Design and Construction Contracts for a Treatment Plant and Rehabilitation Project Water, Wastewater and Industrial Drainage Facilities of Al-Qassim Industrial Estate
- Design and Construction Contracts for a Treatment Plant and Rehabilitation Project Water, Wastewater and Industrial Drainage Facilities of Al-Ehssa Industrial Estate
- Rehabilitation, Operation, Management and Maintenance Contracts for Water, Wastewater and Industrial Drainage Facilities of Riyadh 2nd Industrial City
- Rehabilitation, Operation, Management and Maintenance Contract for Jeddah-1 Industrial City Potable Water Project
- District Cooling and Steam Services Project on BOT arrangement
- Litigation and disputes of diversified disciplines had been handled by Prima before different judicial, semi-Judicial and administrative bodies, the most important of which include:
An International Contentious Jurisdiction:
This case had been subjected to Prima’s legal study; drafting of briefs for submission to Paris Appellate Court in a lawsuit filed by a multi-national company against a major industrial Saudi company regarding the former’s asserted entitlements under construction contract. The claimed amount exceeded 500 million Saudi Riyal.
Price Difference Claim:
This claim was brought before the Saudi Board of Grievances against one of Prima’s Clients, which was a major, industrial company claiming more than SR 800 million. Decisions were rendered by the courts of first instance and appeal in favor of Prima client.
Resolution of Securities Disputes Committee:
Prima pleaded on behalf of its client on a claim filed by Saudi Capital Market Authority that exceeds SR 300 million, and succeeded at both court of first instance and appellate court to reduce the amount of the claim and ruling out the incarceration penalty demanded by the prosecution in its indictment.
- A lawsuit for real estate damages for an amount of SR 1,400 million brought against Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Municipal & Rural Affairs of Saudi Arabia. A court decision has been rendered in favor of our client.
- A major commercial company filed claim for damages over 600 million Saudi Riyal against a public company in Saudi Arabia, which is still entertained by the Competent Court.
Several real estate Lawsuits were handled by Prima with a total value exceeding 3 billion Saudi Riyal. Some of which were decided in favor of our clients, and others are still under process before the Competent Court.
A major action against a government agency, where Prima has represented a big contracting company claiming around 200 million Saudi Riyal.
Prima has been engaged in several labor lawsuits on behalf of a number of foreign employees working for major Saudi distribution and marketing companies. Full entitlements had been adjudicated and fully paid to our clients.